Warranty Terms & Conditions
Infinity water treatment products are built to the highest standard and comes with a warranty to protect against manufacturing faults and defect that occur during the warranty period.
This warranty is in addition to, and does not affect, your statutory rights. It is valid from date of purchase and subject to the following conditions.
- The product is used for domestic purposes only in the United Kingdom (Mainland).
- The product is installed and operated in accordance with our installation and operating instructions.
- The product is not subject to misuse or tampered with in any way.
- The product has been purchased from an approved Infinity Dealer.
- The guarantee has been registered with Infinity within 28 days of purchase.
Within the guarantee period, should the product or any part thereof prove to be defective by reason of faulty workmanship or materials used in the manufacture of the product, we shall, at our option, either repair or replace the same free of charge provided the above conditions have been met and that the service work is carried out by an approved Infinity dealer.
Infinity T4 water softener and Infinity Ultra water softener come with a 2 year warranty which is extended to 10 years parts warranty if the product is registered within 28 days of installation. Outside of two years, labour will be charged.
The product warranty is transferable by the original owner to a subsequent owner provided that the system remains at the site of the original installation.
The original owner may move the product to another location. Warranty will remain with the product provided that once installed, it is commissioned by an approved Infinity Dealer.
For service under this warranty, contact your local approved Infinity Dealer.
Extended guarantees may be available from your approved Infinity Dealer.
*10 years warranty does not apply to the K2 drinking water station.
10 years warranty only applies on the K5 drinking water station if installed after the installation of an Infinity water softener or on water less than 170ppm.
What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you, whether these are goods or services.
Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms, please contact us to discuss.
INFORMATION ABOUT US AND HOW TO CONTACT US
How to contact us. You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 0800 121 4840 or by writing to us at [email protected] or at Infinity House, 6 South Entrance, Saxmundham, Suffolk IP17 1DQ.
How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
“Writing” includes emails. When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails.
OUR CONTRACT WITH YOU
How we will accept your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this in writing and will not charge you for the product. This might be because the product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because a credit reference that we have obtained for you does not meet our minimum requirements, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified.
Your order number. We will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
We only sell to the UK. Our website is solely for the promotion of our products in the UK. Unfortunately, we do not accept orders from or deliver to addresses outside the UK.
Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device’s display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. Your product may vary slightly from those images.
Product packaging may vary. The packaging of the product may vary from that shown in images on our website.
YOUR RIGHTS TO MAKE CHANGES
If you wish to make a change to the product you have ordered please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the product, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. If we cannot make the change or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you may want to end the contract (see clause 8 – Your rights to end the contract).
OUR RIGHTS TO MAKE CHANGES
Minor changes to the products. We may change the product:
to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements in accordance with current water regulations;
to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements, for example to address a manufacturing or design issue.
More significant changes to the products and these terms. In addition, as we informed you in the description of the product on our website, we may make the following changes to the product, but if we do so we will notify you and you may then contact us to end the contract before the changes take effect and receive a refund for any products paid for but not received:
Due to the nature of individual plumbing systems and applications, it may be necessary to change the specified product for one that is more suitable to your requirements. This will be done in full consultation with you the end user, and any additional costs will be explained prior to the acceptance of the sales order.
PROVIDING THE PRODUCTS
Delivery costs. The costs of delivery will be as displayed to you on our website.
If the products are goods. If the products are goods we will deliver them to you as soon as reasonably possible and in any event our courier will contact you with an estimated delivery date, which will be within 30 days if the products are goods and we are installing these for your or, if the products are one-off services. We will begin the installation and/or the services on the date agreed with you during the order process. The estimated completion date for the services is as told to you during the order process or shortly thereafter.
If the products are ongoing services or a subscription to receive goods. We will supply the services or goods to you until either the services are completed or the subscription expires (if applicable) or you end the contract as described in clause 8 or we end the contract by written notice to you as described in clause 10.
We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
Collection by you. If you have asked to collect the products from our premises, you can collect them from us at any time during our working hours of 09.00am until 17.00pm on weekdays (excluding public holidays).
If you are not at home when the product is delivered. If no one is available at your address to take delivery and the products cannot be posted through your letterbox, we will leave you a note informing you of how to rearrange delivery or collect the products from a local depot.
If you do not re-arrange delivery. If you do not collect the products from us as arranged or if, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect them from a delivery depot we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the contract and clause 10.2 will apply.
If you do not allow us access to provide services. If you do not allow us access to your property to perform the services as arranged (and you do not have a good reason for this) we may charge you additional costs incurred by us as a result. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange access to your property we may end the contract and clause 10.2 will apply.
Your legal rights if we deliver goods late. You have legal rights if we deliver any goods late. If we miss the delivery deadline for any goods then you may treat the contract as at an end straight away if any of the following apply:
we have refused to deliver the goods;
delivery within the delivery deadline was essential (taking into account all the relevant circumstances); or
you told us before we accepted your order that delivery within the delivery deadline was essential.
Setting a new deadline for delivery. If you do not wish to treat the contract as at an end straight away, or do not have the right to do so under clause 7.7, you can give us a new deadline for delivery, which must be reasonable, and you can treat the contract as at an end if we do not meet the new deadline.
Ending the contract for late delivery. If you do choose to treat the contract as at an end for late delivery under clause 7.7 or clause 7.8, you can cancel your order for any of the goods or reject goods that have been delivered. If you wish, you can reject or cancel the order for some of those goods (not all of them), unless splitting them up would significantly reduce their value. After that we will refund any sums you have paid to us for the cancelled goods and their delivery. If the goods have been delivered to you, you must either return them in person to where you bought them, post them back to us or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow us to collect them from you. We will pay the costs of postage or collection. To arrange collection, please call customer services on 0800 121 4840 or email us at [email protected].
When you become responsible for the goods. A product which is goods will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the product to the address you gave us or you collect it from us.
When you own goods. You own a product which is goods once we have received payment in full.
What will happen if you do not give required information to us. We may need certain information from you so that we can supply the products to you, for example, type of plumbing application. If so, this will have been stated in the description of the products on our website. We will contact you by telephone to ask for this information. If you do not give us this information within a reasonable time of us asking for it, or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, we may either end the contract (and clause 10.2 will apply) or make an additional charge of a reasonable sum to compensate us for any extra work that is required as a result. We will not be responsible for supplying the products late or not supplying any part of them if this is caused by you not giving us the information we need within a reasonable time of us asking for it.
Reasons we may suspend the supply of products to you. We may have to suspend the supply of a product to:
deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
update the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
make changes to the product as requested by you or notified by us to you (see clause 6).
Your rights if we suspend the supply of products. We will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending supply of the product, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. If we have to suspend the product for longer than 90 days in any 180 day period, we will adjust the price so that you do not pay for products while they are suspended. You may contact us to end the contract for a product if we suspend it, or tell you we are going to suspend it, in each case for a period of more than 90 days and we will refund any sums you have paid in advance for the product in respect of the period after you end the contract.
We may also suspend supply of the products if you do not pay. If you do not pay us for the products when you are supposed to (see clause 12.4) and you still do not make payment within 14 days of us reminding you that payment is due, we may suspend supply of the products until you have paid us the outstanding amounts. We will contact you to tell you we are suspending supply of the products. We will not suspend the products where you dispute the unpaid invoice (see clause 12.6). We will not charge you for the products during the period for which they are suspended. As well as suspending the products we can also charge you interest on your overdue payments (see clause 12.5).
YOUR RIGHTS TO END THE CONTRACT
You can always end your contract with us. Your rights when you end the contract will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing and when you decide to end the contract:
If what you have bought is faulty or mis-described you may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get the product repaired or replaced or a service re-performed or to get some or all of your money back), see clause 11;
If you want to end the contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do, see clause 8.2;
If you have just changed your mind about the product, see clause 8.3. You may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period, but this may be subject to deductions and you will have to pay the costs of return of any goods.
Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do. If you are ending a contract for a reason set out at 8.2.1 to 8.2.5 below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any products which have not been provided and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
we have told you about an upcoming change to the product or these terms which you do not agree to (see clause 6.2);
we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
there is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
we have suspended supply of the products for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than 90 days; or
you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong (including because we have delivered late (see clause 7.7).
Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). For most products bought online you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. These rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, are explained in more detail in these terms.
When you don’t have the right to change your mind. You do not have a right to change your mind in respect of:
services, once these have been completed, even if the cancellation period is still running;
products sealed for health protection or hygiene purposes, once these have been unsealed after you receive them;
any products which become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery and once installed.
How long do I have to change my mind? How long you have depends on what you have ordered and how it is delivered.
Have you bought services? If so, you have 14 days after the day we email you to confirm we accept your order. However, once we have completed the services you cannot change your mind, even if the period is still running. If you cancel after we have started the services, you must pay us for the services provided up until the time you tell us that you have changed your mind.
Have you bought goods? If so you have 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the goods, unless:
Your goods are split into several deliveries over different days. In this case you have until 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the last delivery to change your mind about the goods.
Your goods are for regular delivery over a set period for example a salt or service contract. In this case you have until 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the first delivery of the goods.
HOW TO END THE CONTRACT WITH US (INCLUDING IF YOU HAVE CHANGED YOUR MIND)
Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
Phone or email. Call customer services on 0800 121 4840 or email us at [email protected]. Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address.
By post. Simply write to us at Infinity House, 6 South Entrance, Saxmundham, Suffolk IP17 1DQ. including details of what you bought, when you ordered or received it and your name, address and order number.
Returning products after ending the contract. If you end the contract for any reason after products have been dispatched to you or you have rec
eived them, you must return them to us. You must either return the goods in person to where you bought them, post them back to us at Infinity House, 6 South Entrance, Saxmundham, Suffolk IP17 1DQ. or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow us to collect them from you. Please call customer services on 0800 121 4840 or email us at [email protected] to arrange collection. If you are exercising your right to change your mind you must send off the goods within 14 days of telling us you wish to end the contract.
When we will pay the costs of return. We will pay the costs of return:
if the products are faulty or miss-described;
if you are ending the contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the product or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong. In all other circumstances (including where you are exercising your right to change your mind) you must pay the costs of return.
What we charge for collection. If you are responsible for the costs of return and we are collecting the product from you, we will charge you the direct cost to us of collection. We charge £30.00 for collection of any water softener and ancillary items supplied.
How we will refund you. We will refund you the price you paid for the products including delivery costs, by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below.
Deductions from refunds if you are exercising your right to change your mind. If you are exercising your right to change your mind:
We may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer. For example, if we offer delivery of a product within 3-5 days at one cost but you choose to have the product delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
Where the product is a service, we may deduct from any refund an amount for the supply of the service for the period for which it was supplied, ending with the time when you told us you had changed your mind. The amount will be in proportion to what has been supplied, in comparison with the full coverage of the contract.
When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right to change your mind then:
If the products are goods and we have not offered to collect them, your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which we receive the product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the product back to us. For information about how to return a product to us, see clause 9.2.
In all other cases, your refund will be made within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind
OUR RIGHTS TO END THE CONTRACT
We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract for a product at any time by writing to you if:
you do not make any payment to us when it is due and you still do not make payment within 14 days of us reminding you that payment is due;
you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the products; or
you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the products to you or collect them from us;
you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us access to your premises to supply the services.
You must compensate us if you break the contract. If we end the contract in the situations set out in clause 10.1 we will refund any money you have paid in advance for products we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs, we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract.
IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE PRODUCT
How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints about the product, please contact us. You can telephone our customer service team at 0800 121 4840 or write to us at [email protected] or Infinity House, 6 South Entrance, Saxmundham, Suffolk IP17 1DQ .Summary of your legal rights. We are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this contract. See the section below for a summary of your key legal rights in relation to the product. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights
SUMMARY OF YOUR KEY LEGAL RIGHTS
This is a summary of your key legal rights. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
If your product is goods, for example furniture, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your product your legal rights entitle you to the following:
- up to 30
days: if your goods are faulty, then you can get an immediate refund.
- up to six months: if your goods can’t be repaired or replaced, then you’re entitled to a full refund, in most cases.
- up to six years: if your goods do not last a reasonable length of time you may be entitled to some money back.
See also clause 8.3.
If your product is services, for example installation services, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says:
- you can
ask us to repeat or fix a service if it’s not carried out with reasonable care
and skill, or get some money back if we can’t fix it.
- if you haven’t agreed a price beforehand, what you’re asked to pay must be reasonable.
- if you haven’t agreed a time beforehand, it must be carried out within a reasonable time.
See also Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013).
- Your obligation to return rejected products. If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject products you must either return them in person to where you bought them, post them back to us or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow us to collect them from you. We will pay the costs of postage or collection. Please call customer services on 0800 121 4840 or email us at [email protected] to arrange collection.
- In addition to your legal rights. We also provide a parts warranty in respect of goods (Parts Warranty).
- PRICE AND PAYMENT
- Where to find the price for the product. The price of the product (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the written quotation when you placed your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the product advised to you is correct. However please see clause 12.3 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the product you order.
- We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- What happens if we got the price wrong. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that, where the product’s correct price at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the product’s correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the contract, refund you any sums you have paid and require the return of any goods provided to you.
- When you must pay and how you must pay. We accept payment with Visa Debit, Visa Credit, MasterCard, BACS, Cheque or Cash.. When you must pay depends on what product you are buying:
- For purchases, payment is due immediately upon completion of supply.
- For rental or maintenance packages, payment will be collected by direct debit during each monthly period, on the last working day of each calendar month.
- We can charge interest if you pay late. If you do not make any payment to us by the due date we may charge interest to you on the overdue amount at the rate of 3% a year above the base lending rate of Bank of England from time to time. This interest shall accrue on a daily basis from the due date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment. You must pay us interest together with any overdue amount.
- What to do if you think an invoice is wrong. If you think an invoice is wrong please contact us promptly to let us know. You will not have to pay any interest until the dispute is resolved. Once the dispute is resolved we will charge you interest on correctly invoiced sums from the original due date.
- OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
- We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the products including the right to receive products which are: as described and match information we provided to you and any sample or model seen or examined by you; of satisfactory quality; fit for any particular purpose made known to us; supplied with reasonable skill and care and, where installed by us, correctly installed; and for defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
- When we are liable for damage to your property. If we are providing services in your property, we will make good any damage to your property caused by us while doing so. However, we are not responsible for the cost of repairing any pre-existing faults or damage to your property that we discover while providing the services.
- We are not liable for business losses. If you use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- How we will use your personal information. We will use the personal information you provide to us:
- to supply the products to you;
- to process your payment for the products;
- to carry out our obligations under the warranty; and
- if you agreed to this during the order process, to give you information about similar products that we provide, but you may stop receiving this at any time by contacting us.
- We may pass your personal information to credit reference agencies. Where we extend credit to you for the products we may pass your personal information to credit reference agencies and they may keep a record of any search that they do.
- We will only give your personal information to other third parties where the law either requires or allows us to do so.
- OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract or if you are unhappy with the transfer you may contact us to end the contract within 30 days of us telling you about it and we will refund you any payments you have made in advance for products not provided.
- You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else (except that you can always transfer our Parts Warranty). You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing. However, you may transfer the Parts Warranty to a person who has acquired the product or, where the product is services, any item or property in respect of which we have provided the services. We may require the person to whom the warranty is transferred to provide reasonable evidence that they are now the owner of the relevant item or property.
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract (except someone you pass your warranty on to). This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms, except as explained in clause 15.2 in respect of our parts warranty. Neither of us will need to get the agreement of any other person in order to end the contract or make any changes to these terms.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the products, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
- Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland, you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
- Complaints. Where we cannot resolve any complaints using our own complaints procedure, as a Which? Trusted trader we use Dispute Resolution Ombudsman for dispute resolution. In the unlikely event of a complaint arising and you wish to refer the complaint to them please contact via their website http://www.disputeresolutionombudsman.org/which-trusted-traders-partnership/